If you are looking for the easiest way to create a slideshow on Mac, find your answers here. This post shows you free and easy ways to make a slideshow with photos and music on Mac, including using the native macOS app - Photos, and also the easy yet powerful third-party slideshow maker.
If you want to make a slideshow on your Mac, your Mac has a built-in slideshow maker embedded in the Photos app, helping you to do so quickly.
Besides the built-in tool, there are many more online slideshow makers can help you easily make a professional slideshow for any occasions, from a birthday celebration to wedding ceremony, a work presentation to funereal tribute, you can create your own one on your Mac effortlessly following the methods we shared below.
Part 1 How to Make a Slideshow with Music on Mac in Photos App
1.2 Create a Slideshow Project with Music in Photos on a Mac
Part 2 Another Easy Way to Make Photo Slideshow with Music on Mac
Free Templates for Your Slideshow Inspiration
Anniversary Photo Collage
Use This Template
Funeral Slides Video
Happy New Year Warm Slideshow
Use This Template
Cinematic Travel Story
Use This Template
Can't Miss: How to Make a Slideshow on TikTok>
Part 1 How to Make a Slideshow with Music on Mac in Photos App
Tend to use a built-in slideshow maker they have pre-installed on their Macs to make a photo slideshow with music natively. The native macOS app, Photos, is one of such tools you can't miss.
In Photos, there are two ways to create slideshows on your Mac. You can quickly make and play an instant slideshow of the photos, or complete a slideshow project with advanced settings and playback options.
1.1 How to Make & Play Instant Slideshows in Photos on a Mac
To quickly make and play an instant slideshow on your Mac using the Photos app, you can follow the simple steps below:
Open the Photos app on your Mac, then click Library under Photos on the sidebar.
Click Days or All Photos on the toolbar, then select the photos or videos you want to include in your slideshow.
Now go to the menu bar, and then choose File > Play Slideshow.
Select the theme and the music from the pop-up you want for your slideshow. Here a preview window will show you how the theme will look like. You can select music from the Music app or use the chosen theme’s music. Also, you can deselect the music by clicking it again.
Once done, click Play Slideshow to watch your slideshow.
1.2 How to Create a Slideshow Project with Music in Photos on a Mac
If you want more control over the options in your photo slideshow, you can create and save a slideshow project with music in Photos on your Mac. Moreover, unlike an instant slideshow, you can export your slideshow project as a video in M4V format to be played and shared with your friends.
Open Photos on your Mac, then select the photos or clips you want in your slideshow.
Head to the menu bar and select File > Create > Slideshow > Photos.
Then a new pop-up menu should appear, just select New Slideshow, and the type a slideshow name in the Slideshow Name field, then click OK.
Now, you should see a new project, here you can reorder your photos and clips simply by dragging them into position in the bottom of the window.
On the side of the window, you'll see three buttons: Themes, Music, and Duration. Use these options to edit slideshow to your liking.
Once done, you can preview and export the slideshow.
Well, you've made your photo slideshow with music in Photos on Mac!
However, you should find that the slideshow you exported from the Photos is in M4V format, which means you may struggle to watch them on some devices or upload it to social media platforms unless you use another app to convert the M4V files to another format, like MP4.
To help you solve this problem, we'll show you another quick and easy way to create slideshows on your Mac. Keep reading.
Part 2 Another Easy Way to Make Photo Slideshow with Music on Mac
If you want to make a professional slideshow in a more compatible format on your Mac, then you can try FlexClip. It is a powerful online slideshow maker that allows you to make a stunning slideshow and save it as a video in MP4 or share it to social media directly.
Besides, FlexClip has lots of pre-made slideshow templates for different occasions, offering a more friendly way for those who want to make a professional photo slideshow but lack of creative ideas or professional skills to create a slideshow in a few clicks on a Mac! What's more, you can customize any of these templates to your taste or even mix them to create something unique!
Just click the Get Started Now button below and follow us to learn how you can easily make a photo slideshow with music using FlexClip on your Mac.
Get Started NowView Templates
Step 1 Pick a Free Slideshow Template
When you access the FlexClip editor, just go to the Templates section and scroll down to pick one template or any scene you like; or you can search the proper templates by keywords, and then apply it to the Timeline.
Create Slideshow on Mac with FlexClip - Template
Already have the ideas in mind, or need something custom? It's not too hard to create a photo slideshow with music by yourself from scratch with FlexClip’s user-friendly interface and easy-to-use editing tools.
Here we'll walk you through how to easily make a slideshow with music using a template at FlexClip on your Mac.
Step 2 Personalize the Slideshow Template to Make it Yours
Picked the slideshow template or scene you like and added them to the timeline already? Now you can personalize your photo slideshow in lots of ways using FlexClip’s rich editing features.
Upload your own photos to the Media section and drag them to the canva to replace the default imagery. Here you can also make some adjustments to let your media fit the design. You can flip, rotate, crop the image, and also modify the location, size, and adjust duration of the image, or animated the image freely.
Create Slideshow on Mac with FlexClip - Add Media
To add your own message and highlights the slideshow, double-click the text box in the template, type in your words, and then modify the font and color, or go to the Text in the sidebar to add multiple animated texts in your photo slideshow.
Create Slideshow on Mac with FlexClip - Add Text
And also, you can change the audio track, add more sound effects and voice over, adjust the background, and more until it fits your need.
Step 3 Make more Edits to Level up the Slideshow
Besides, FlexClip offers extensive animated elements and stunning effects, which makes it pretty easy for you to add extra personality to your slideshow and make it far more appealing.
You can add filters and overlays, upload your logo, make pip effects or photo collages, and use transitions and motions in your slideshow. More surprising features await you to explore!
Create Slideshow on Mac with FlexClip - More Edits
Congratulations! You've made your own photo slideshow with music already, just click the Export button to save the project on your Mac or share it to YouTube directly.
With the ways on how to do a slideshow on Mac we discussed above, creating a photo slideshow with music on your Mac is a simple process, simply choose one that you prefer and start making your slideshow with great ease right now.
Has 4-year of professional photographing experience. Very much into recording every detail of life. She is passionate about all things related to video production, and loves to exploring tips and tricks about it.
In the Photos app on your Mac, select the photos you want in your slideshow. You can add or remove photos later (see “Add or remove photos and text in a slideshow,” below). Choose File > Create > Slideshow > Photos. Click the Slideshow pop-up menu and choose New Slideshow.What is the best program to make a slideshow on Mac? ›
|Movavi Slideshow Maker||Users who need powerful video and image editing capabilities||Download for Free|
|Keynote||Mac lovers who own an iPhone and iPad to bounce between devices||Read More|
|Microsoft PowerPoint||People comfortable with PowerPoint who don't need advanced features||Read More|
iMovie is a video editor and free slideshow maker that comes built-in on Mac computers, iPhones, and iPads.How do I make a picture slideshow loop? ›
- Open your PowerPoint presentation.
- Click the [Slide Show] tab > From the "Set Up" group, click "Set Up Slide Show".
- From the resulting dialogue box, check "Loop continuously until 'Esc'" under the "Show options" section > Click [OK].
Movavi Clips is an easy-to-use picture slideshow maker available for both Android and iOS. With this app, you can quickly turn your pictures into a slideshow video: upload your photographs to the app, add filters and effects, add transitions and music.Does Mac have a program like PowerPoint? ›
With its powerful tools and dazzling effects, Keynote makes it easy to create stunning and memorable presentations, and comes included with most Apple devices. Use Apple Pencil on your iPad to create diagrams or illustrations that bring your slides to life.Does Apple have a free slideshow maker? ›
The Slideshow Creator app is always free to use. Free version includes adding up to 20 media files per slideshow. Create longer slideshows (and get access to our award-winning desktop program) with a subscription. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.Does Mac have something like PowerPoint? ›
1. Apple Keynote. Keynote comes pre-installed on Mac computers and is basically Apple's answer to the ever popular Microsoft PowerPoint. If you're used to using PowerPoint, then you'd need to get yourself acquainted on how to use Keynote.How do I make a photo slideshow random on Mac? ›
Create an album containing the slideshow photos > Go to System Preferences > Desktop and Screensaver > Albums > select the album you created > Specify the transition time > "Random order" box will become enabled > Check mark it.Is MacBook good for animation programs? ›
Apple's super-charged MacBook Pro is definitely one of the best laptops for animation.
To make the slide advance to the next slide when you click the mouse, select the On Mouse Click check box. To make the slide advance automatically, select the After check box, and then enter the number of minutes or seconds that you want. The timer starts when the final animation or other effect on the slide finishes.How do you make a folder of pictures into a slideshow? ›
- Right-click a photo in the folder containing the photos you want to show in the slide show.
- Select Open With, and then select Photo Gallery.
- Once opened, use the bottom menu (shown below) to advance one picture at a time or start a slide show with F12 .
The general rule for events such as anniversaries, birthdays, wedding receptions, etc. is 10-15 minutes. The average number of pictures used per minute is 10-12. Therefore, 100 pictures would produce a 10-12 minute video length.How many photos do I need for a 5 minute slideshow? ›
For a five-minute slideshow, you can approximately foresee the composition of up to 60 photos and 3 videos. Using just the right number of photos and videos for the duration of your slideshow is important – too many will distract attention, too few will just be boring.How many photos do I need for a 6 minute slideshow? ›
If you have 6 minutes of music in total, you'll need 72 photos. And if you have one song lasting 3 minutes, you'll need 36 photos. If you have any short video clips, add them in too!How do I make my slideshow look professional? ›
- Write before you design. ...
- Start with a title slide that piques interest. ...
- Stick to simple designs. ...
- Emphasize one point per slide. ...
- Use text sparingly. ...
- Select images for impact. ...
- Practice your verbal presentation.
- Canva. Canva is a graphic design platform offering organizations a variety of professionally designed templates for their presentations. ...
- Visme. ...
- PowerPoint. ...
- Powtoon. ...
- SlideCamp. ...
- Prezi. ...
- VideoScribe. ...
- Haiku Deck.
- Best Free Online Slideshow Maker. FlexClip 2. Renderforest 3. Smilebox 4. Motionden 5. Kizoa 6. PhotoShow.
- Best Free Desktop-Based Slideshow Software. Wondershare Filmora 2. Movavi Slideshow maker 3. Focusky.
- Best Slideshow Maker for Android/iPhone. PicPlayPost Slideshow 2. SlideLab 3. Scoompa Video.
For the basic presentations both are good, so choose the one you feel more comfortable with. For more advanced stuff, it depends on what you prioritize more — if it is design, then Keynote is best, but if you want better customization, choose PowerPoint.What is the Mac version of PowerPoint called? ›
Keynote comes pre-installed on Mac computers and is basically Apple's answer to the ever popular Microsoft PowerPoint. If you're used to using PowerPoint, then you'd need to get yourself acquainted on how to use Keynote. As with most things Apple, Keynote is a thing of beauty.
The main different between Keynote and PowerPoint is that Keynote is available for Mac users only and PowerPoint works better for Windows users (although there is a Mac version available).How do I make a slideshow with music and pictures on my Mac for free? ›
- Open the Photos app and select the photos you want to create a slideshow with.
- Choose File > Create > Slideshow > Photos.
- In the menu that appears, select New Slideshow.
- Enter the name of your project and click OK.
FlexClip is a free online video maker platform that offers an easy way for memorial video and funeral slideshow creation in honoring loved ones and heroes. You can easily make a solemn video for the deceased in just a few minutes.Does iphoto make slideshows? ›
To view photos as an instant slideshow: Select the photos (or an Event, an album, or a project such as a book, card, or calendar) you want to display as a slideshow. Click the Slideshow button in the toolbar. In the slideshow panel that appears, select a theme.Is PowerPoint better on Mac or PC? ›
If you want to know the difference between PowerPoint PC vs Mac with a developer's brain, here are some of the main things you need to know: PowerPoint on Mac is not as powerful as the PC version of PowerPoint, i.e., it lacks essential features. A PowerPoint feature you can find on a PC, but it's still on a Mac.Is Keynote only for Mac? ›
You can convert and open presentations in Keynote on iPhone, iPad, or Mac. If you don't have an Apple device, you can use Keynote online at iCloud.com.What is Keynote used for? ›
Keynote is Apple's presentation tool for the iOS. Users can create slideshows that include images (from the device's camera roll), text, and charts, and they can select themes, fonts, styles, transitions, and animation from a range of options.How many slides do I need for a memorial slideshow? ›
Each photo should be shown anywhere between three to five seconds. This means you'll need around 12 photos per minute of slideshow. If you have a 3-minute slideshow planned, aim to have around 35 - 40 photos. It's always better to find more photos than you need.How do you make a good memorial slideshow? ›
- Choose the Tone of the Slideshow. Considering the circumstances, you'd like to make your memorial slideshow as serious as possible. ...
- Choose Photos for the Slideshow. ...
- Add in Some Quotes or Words of Wisdom. ...
- Use the Perfect Music in the Slideshow. ...
- Get the Right Software.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- At the bottom, tap Library. ...
- Under the "Create new" section, tap Movie.
- To choose the photos and videos you want in the movie, tap New movie. ...
- To use a theme, tap the movie you want and follow the instructions.
- To watch your movie, tap Play.
You can make it so that pictures are shown in a random order when you start a slideshow. To do this, open the application menu on the top bar, click Preferences, and go to the Plugins tab. Then, check Slideshow Shuffle and close the dialog.How do I make an iphoto slideshow? ›
- Tap Library, then view photos by All Photos or Days.
- Tap Select.
- Tap each photo you want to include in the slideshow, then tap .
- Tap Slideshow from the list of options. To change the slideshow theme, music, and more, tap the screen while the slideshow plays, then tap Options.
Yes, Macbooks are great for graphic design. We just talked about how the first Macs were great because of PostScript and Pagemaker support. Skip to today and you will still see that Macs are a great choice for any graphic designer. There are many great graphic design apps available on Mac.How do I animate a picture on a Mac? ›
- Click to select the drawing you want to animate.
- In the Format sidebar, click the Drawing tab, then select the Animate Drawing checkbox.
- Do any of the following: Adjust how long the animation plays: Drag the Duration slider. Repeat the animation in a loop: Select the Loop checkbox.
- Asus ROG Strix G15: (best laptop for animation)
- Razer Blade 15 Advanced: (best laptops for animation)
- ASUS VivoBook 15: (best laptop for animation)
- Apple MacBook Pro 2021: (best laptop for animation)
- Asus Tuf Dash 15 (2021): (best laptop for animation)
- MSI Leopard GL75: (best laptops for animation)
- Copy and paste images into your slide. ...
- Use the Insert menu in PowerPoint. ...
- Use the layout option in PowerPoint. ...
- Use the 'Shape Fill with Pictures' option. ...
- Use the SmartArt option.
- Open PowerPoint.
- In the left pane, select New.
- Select an option: To create a presentation from scratch, select Blank Presentation. To use a prepared design, select one of the templates. To see tips for using PowerPoint, select Take a Tour, and then select Create, .
A shorter duration means a slide advances faster, and a larger number makes the slide advance more slowly. Select the slide that has the transition you want to modify. On the Transitions tab, in the Intervals group, in the Duration box, type the number of seconds that you want.Why is my Slide Show not advancing automatically? ›
Solution: Go to Transution Tab and check if the Advance Slide on Mouse Click Option is checked. If not, Check the option and Apply it to All slides. This will ensure that your slides move forward in slideshow option.How do I make an animated PowerPoint presentation? ›
You can add an animation to grouped objects, text, and more.
- Press Ctrl and select the objects you want.
- Select Format > Group > Group to group the objects together.
- Select Animations and choose an animation.
1: View Pictures as a Slide Show in File Explorer
Open File Explorer and click on the folder with your photos. Click on Picture Tools below Manage. Click on Slide Show to begin. Click ESC to exit.
- Launch the Preview app from the Dock.
- Select the images you want to include in the slideshow and click Open.
- Click View at the top of your screen and select the Slideshow option from the drop-down menu.
- Use the buttons on the screen to control the slideshow.
You don't work in one place on just one device. The same goes for Keynote. Work seamlessly across all your Apple devices. The slides you create using a Mac or iPad will look the same on an iPhone or web browser — and vice versa.What is a good replacement for iPhoto? ›
It's not free, so if you're looking for a free alternative, you could try ImageGlass or Google Photos. Other great apps like iPhoto are digiKam, Adobe Lightroom, Shotwell and ACDSee Photo Studio. iPhoto alternatives are mainly Image Viewers but may also be Photo Managers or Image Editors.What can I use instead of apple photos? ›
- Adobe Lightroom. Adobe Lightroom is an excellent replacement for iPhoto. ...
- Google Photos. Google Photos is an online photo editing and management program compatible with Windows, Mac OS and Android. ...
- Apple Photos. ...
- XnView. ...
- FastStone Image Viewer. ...
- Luminar. ...
- PhotoScape. ...
You want to entertain your audience, but if it is too long they may begin to lose interest. The general rule for events such as anniversaries, birthdays, wedding receptions, etc. is 10-15 minutes. The average number of pictures used per minute is 10-12.Is Mac good for PowerPoint? ›
PowerPoint also works well on Apple computers, allowing Mac users to quickly and easily create world-class presentations. With a Mac, some unique features don't appear on Windows. For example, some aspects of presenter view operate differently on a Mac, and there's added AppleScript and Automator support.Is PPT free on Mac? ›
Is PowerPoint Free for the Mac? PowerPoint is not free on the Mac (or on Windows, for that matter). Microsoft offers a free, 30-day trial after you download PowerPoint. Once the free trial expires, you need to pay to keep using the app.