Summary: This post shows you the detailed steps of how to make a slideshow on Mac with Photos, iMovie and picture slideshow maker apps. If you are looking for the easiest way to create slideshow on Mac, just keep reading to find answers.
"I want to make a photo slideshow with music on Mac, but not satisfied with the quick slideshow created by Photos. Is there any other built-in app can help me create slideshows on Mac?"
"Why is it so hard to make a slideshow on Mac? I have many pictures saved in Downloads but don't know how to quickly check them one by one. Double click one image will only open the picture. I prefer to see the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. from the first one. Is there any simple way to create a picture slideshow on Mac?"
Slideshow provides a convenient way to display pictures and videos. So you can see many people searching for the methods to make slideshows on Mac.
As we mentioned above, it's quite simple to create a slideshow on Mac with its Photos app. Moreover, many picture and video editing tools like iMovie can help you get the job done with ease.
- Part 1. Easiest way to create a slideshow on Mac with Preview
- Part 2. Common way to make a slideshow on Mac with Photos
- Part 3. How to make a Mac slideshow with music in iMovie
If you want to quickly check a bunch of images on Mac like a slideshow does, you can rely on the Preview. This method won't help you export a photo slideshow. It mainly used to view pictures on Mac.
Step 1 Open Preview app and make sure it is on your dock.
Step 2 Drag all of pictures you want to check to the Preview icon. You can put all photos in one image folder and then press Command + A to select all of them.
Step 3 A preview window will appear and you can see a sidebar showing all of the photos you just opened. Now you can handily use arrow keys to quickly view your pictures.
When you want to create and work with slideshows on Mac, Apple Photos can be a good choice. Even though "Preview" and "Option Spacebar" always be the default app to help you check photos on Mac, Photos app can give you more controls over theme, music, timing, transition and more. Now you can follow the following steps to create a slideshow on you Mac.
Step 1 Open Photos app on your Mac. You can easily find it in Applications folder.
Step 2 Click File menu and then choose Create Slideshow from the drop-down list. You can also click on the + button in the toolbar and select Slideshow to get the same goal.
Step 3 A new pop-up window will appear. Here you can select the New Slideshow option and name the slideshow. Then click on the OK button to move to the next step.
Step 4 You need to select the specific pictures for your slideshow. After choosing all photos you need, click on the Add button on the top-right corner.
Step 5 Drag photos at the bottom of the window to your preferred order.
Step 6 Now you can start to select theme for the slideshow. Many themes like Classic, Reflections, Origami, Ken Burns and more are provided. Click the Themes button right side of the slideshow to choose your preferred theme.
Step 7 Just under the Theme button, you can find a Music icon. Click on it to add suitable music to you slideshow.
Step 8 After you choose a good music, you can click on the third icon to set slideshow time interval. You can choose "Fit to Music" option to play slideshow as long as the length of the selected music. Or you can select "Custom" and adjust the slideshow playing time according to your need.
Step 9 There are also other specific settings are offered to help you make a slideshow on Mac. When all settings are done, click the Preview button to check the new created slideshow.
Step 10 If you are satisfied with the slideshow quality, you can click on the Export button on the top-right corner to export the slideshow to specific folder on Mac.
Creating a slideshow on Mac is a great way to share photos and videos, and iMovie is a great tool to help you do that. iMovie is a very popular free video editing tool which comes along with all Mac computers. If you are an iPhone or iPad user, you can also use iMovie on it. The Mac version of iMovie is equipped with more advanced editing features, so it enables you to make a slideshow on Mac with ease.
Step 1 Launch iMovie on Mac and then click File > New Movie to start making a slideshow with the combination of photos, videos, and music. You can also click Project > + button and then choose Movie.
Step 2 When you enter the My Media interface, click on Import Media button to load your photos. Then you can play the project in the Viewer to see if all the content is in your preferred order.
Step 3 Now you can add an audio track to the picture slideshow. Click the Import tab and then select music you want to load. Click the Import to add music to slideshow.
Step 4 Many editing options are offered to help you improve the quality of your photo, adjust color balance/correction, crop photos, and add filters and so on. After that, you can click the Play button to preview the slideshow.
Step 5 If you want to clip the whole slideshow in iMovie, you can trim it in the Browser pane. You can also move to the Ken Burns effect to add motions to the slideshow.
Step 6 As a powerful slideshow making and video editing software, iMovie provides many features to help you better deal with your slideshow. You are allowed to do more editing according to your need.
After all settings are done, you can click on iMovie menu and then choose File > Share > File to export your slideshow.
Professional slideshow maker you may want to know:
With the solutions above, you can handily make a slideshow on Mac. If you have the same need to create slideshow on Windows computer, you can check the powerful slideshow maker below:
Aiseesoft Slideshow Creator
- Create a photo slideshow with ready-made themes and customized themes.
- Add any music to your wedding/graduation/end of the year photos/pictures slideshow.
- Compatible with various music formats like MP3, MP2, AAC, WAV, FLAC, OGG, RA, WMA, AU, etc.
- Support audio editing and audio effects adding for pictures.
Here's the video about making slideshows for you. Click it to check.
We have talked about how to make a slideshow on Mac in this page. Three methods are provided for you to create photo slideshow on Mac. Leave us a message if you still have any question.
What do you think of this post?
Rating: 4.8 / 5 (based on 224 ratings)
December 11, 2020 08:23 / Posted by Andrew Miller to Edit Video
- Best Slideshow Software – Make Photos/Videos into Movie
This page shows you how to use the best slideshow software to make pictures, music and videos into dynamic movies.
- Top Slideshow Songs for Wedding/Family/Graduation
This page shares you the top slideshow songs for wedding, graduation, funeral, baby, etc. more to download as the background music easily.See Also23 Best Documentaries on Hulu to Watch Right Now | HuluThe Best Websites to Watch Documentaries Online for Free!Opinion | "Biography: WWE Legends" never pins down the truth about professional wrestlingSir Mo Farah ‘really proud’ of new revelatory documentary about his past(Video) Best Video Editing Software for Mac - 2022 Review!
- How to Make a Photo/Video Slideshow with Music
How to create a slideshow with music? Two ways in this post will show you to make a picture/video slideshow with music on Windows/Mac and PowerPoint.
iMovie is a video editor and free slideshow maker that comes built-in on Mac computers, iPhones, and iPads.How do you organize photos in slides? ›
- Select the objects you want to align. Press Shift to select multiple objects.
- Select Picture format > Align and select how you want to align them: Align Left, Align Center, or Align Right. Align Top, Align Middle, or Align Bottom. Distribute Horizontally or Distribute Vertically.
The Slideshow Creator app is always free to use. Free version includes adding up to 20 media files per slideshow. Create longer slideshows (and get access to our award-winning desktop program) with a subscription. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.How do I make a simple slideshow on a Mac? ›
- In the Photos app on your Mac, select the photos you want in your slide show. ...
- Choose File > Create > Slide show > Photos.
- Click the Slideshow pop-up menu and choose New Slide Show.
- Type a slide show name in the Slide show Name field, then click OK.
- Movavi Slideshow Maker. Download for Free. ...
- ThunderSoft Free Slideshow Maker. OS: Windows. ...
- Free Bolide Slideshow Creator. OS: Windows. ...
- iMovie. OS: macOS. ...
- NCH PhotoStage. OS: Windows, macOS. ...
- Focusky Presentation Maker. ...
- Freemake Video Converter. ...
- DaVinci Resolve.
- Write before you design. ...
- Start with a title slide that piques interest. ...
- Stick to simple designs. ...
- Emphasize one point per slide. ...
- Use text sparingly. ...
- Select images for impact. ...
- Practice your verbal presentation.
In the Photos app on your Mac, select the photos you want in your slideshow. You can add or remove photos later (see “Add or remove photos and text in a slideshow,” below). Choose File > Create > Slideshow > Photos. Click the Slideshow pop-up menu and choose New Slideshow.What is the strongest tool to create a presentation and slideshow? ›
- Canva. Canva is a graphic design platform offering organizations a variety of professionally designed templates for their presentations. ...
- Visme. ...
- PowerPoint. ...
- Powtoon. ...
- SlideCamp. ...
- Prezi. ...
- VideoScribe. ...
- Haiku Deck.
With its powerful tools and dazzling effects, Keynote makes it easy to create stunning and memorable presentations, and comes included with most Apple devices. Use Apple Pencil on your iPad to create diagrams or illustrations that bring your slides to life.Does Mac have something like PowerPoint? ›
1. Apple Keynote. Keynote comes pre-installed on Mac computers and is basically Apple's answer to the ever popular Microsoft PowerPoint. If you're used to using PowerPoint, then you'd need to get yourself acquainted on how to use Keynote.
- Open the Photos app and select the photos you want to create a slideshow with.
- Choose File > Create > Slideshow > Photos.
- In the menu that appears, select New Slideshow.
- Enter the name of your project and click OK.
On the other hand, a high-end 16-inch MacBook Pro with 512GB SSD storage can hold around 70,000 JPEGs and over 10,000 RAW images if you dedicate about 400GB to photo storage. You can also consider configurable storage of 1TB or 2TB if you manage a large collection of images.Where is the best place to store photos on a Mac? ›
Apple's iCloud Photo Library (iCloud Photos in the latest OS versions) is the cloud storage most Mac and iPhone users are familiar with. iCloud is the native cloud storage on both iOS and macOS devices, so there's an immediate benefit for people who are already on these systems.How do I manage large amounts of photos? ›
- Create transparent folders and file naming systems.
- Implement metadata management.
- Utilize auto tagging software.
- Take advantage of cloud storage systems.
- Manage offline storage hardware.
Created by former Apple brand ambassador Guy Kawasaki, the 10-20-30 rule states that a PowerPoint presentation should have no more than 10 slides, never last longer than 20 minutes, and should use a minimum point size of 30 for the font.What is the best rule for slideshows? ›
- Rule 1: Include only one idea per slide. ...
- Rule 2: Spend only 1 minute per slide. ...
- Rule 3: Make use of your heading. ...
- Rule 4: Include only essential points. ...
- Rule 5: Give credit, where credit is due. ...
- Rule 6: Use graphics effectively. ...
- Rule 7: Design to avoid cognitive overload.
Simply provide more breathing space. Rather than cramming all the graphics and text items together, taking up all the available space on a slide, bring the items into the center a bit…shrink them down to a reasonable size…and provide at least 80% “white space” around the items.Does iphoto make slideshows? ›
To view photos as an instant slideshow: Select the photos (or an Event, an album, or a project such as a book, card, or calendar) you want to display as a slideshow. Click the Slideshow button in the toolbar. In the slideshow panel that appears, select a theme.How do I make a photo gallery on my Mac? ›
- In the Photos app on your Mac, do one of the following: Create an empty album: Choose File > New Album, or position the pointer over the sidebar next to My Albums and click the Add button , then choose Album. ...
- Type a name for your new album in the sidebar and press Return.
Step 1: Press Command + Spacebar to open Spotlight Search, type Keynote, and press Return. Step 2: Open your presentation. Step 3: Click on the Document tab in the top-right corner. Step 4: Under Slideshow Settings, select Loop Slideshow.
PowerPoint is a powerful tool for presentations, but also Photo Slideshows.How do I make an impressive slideshow? ›
Your slides should highlight or add context to what you're saying. If you have a lot of information to share, don't be afraid to spread it out over multiple slides. Your slides should have white space that allows your audience to focus on what's important. Sometimes that might be a few words or an image or two.How many pictures make a good slide show? ›
However, a good rule of thumb is 25-35 pictures per average length song (about 3-4 minutes) It works best to select a sequence of pictures and a song to match in order to break down and manage the project so it all flows together smoothly.How can I make my presentation look smart? ›
12. Keep it simple.
- Limit bullet points and text.
- Avoid paragraphs and long quotes.
- Maintain "white space" or "negative space".
- Keep percentages, graphs, and data super basic.
- Choose a memorial video template or start from scratch.
- Upload your photos and video clips.
- Personalize your video by changing colors, text, and music.
- Finish your HD video and download it to share at a funeral or online with family and loved ones.
|👍 Icecream Slideshow Maker||Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, and iOS||Learn More|
|Adobe Express||Windows and Mac||Learn More|
|InVideo||Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS||Learn More|
|Animoto||Windows, iOS, and MacOS||Learn More|
For the basic presentations both are good, so choose the one you feel more comfortable with. For more advanced stuff, it depends on what you prioritize more — if it is design, then Keynote is best, but if you want better customization, choose PowerPoint.What is a better tool than PowerPoint? ›
Some of the best PowerPoint alternatives include Prezi, Keynote, Slides, Slidebean, Zoho Show, Google Slides, Canva and – of course – Visme.What are the 2 most popular platforms for making presentations? ›
Some of the best presentation software include Visme, Haiku Deck, Prezi, Microsoft Powerpoint, Canva and Google Slides. In this comparison guide, we'll analyze each of these tools and many more to understand what the difference is between them so you can choose the best presentation maker for your business.What is the Mac version of PowerPoint called? ›
Your Mac probably came with one of the alternatives pre-installed. Apple makes a program called Keynote which is a direct competitor to PowerPoint. It offers all of the core features of PowerPoint—creating slides and presentations, animations, templates, presenter mode, etc.
The main different between Keynote and PowerPoint is that Keynote is available for Mac users only and PowerPoint works better for Windows users (although there is a Mac version available).Is Keynote only for Mac? ›
You can convert and open presentations in Keynote on iPhone, iPad, or Mac. If you don't have an Apple device, you can use Keynote online at iCloud.com.What is Keynote used for? ›
Keynote is Apple's presentation tool for the iOS. Users can create slideshows that include images (from the device's camera roll), text, and charts, and they can select themes, fonts, styles, transitions, and animation from a range of options.What is the best app to make a slideshow with music? ›
Movavi Clips. Dayframe. MoShow Slideshow Photo & Video. Photo SlideShow Maker.How do I change the order of my slideshow? ›
Changing slide order
If the slides you want to move around are next to each other, you can “drag and drop” them in the Normal View. Click on the small image of the slide in the left column, and drag it where you want it to be. When you see the horizontal line, let go, and the slides will change places.
Rearrange the order of slides
In the pane on the left, click the thumbnail of the slide that you want to move, and then drag it to the new location. Tip: To select multiple slides, press and hold the Command key while you click each slide that you want to move, and then drag them as a group to the new location.
Create an album containing the slideshow photos > Go to System Preferences > Desktop and Screensaver > Albums > select the album you created > Specify the transition time > "Random order" box will become enabled > Check mark it.What is shuffle slideshow? ›
You can make it so that pictures are shown in a random order when you start a slideshow. To do this, open the application menu on the top bar, click Preferences, and go to the Plugins tab. Then, check Slideshow Shuffle and close the dialog.What is the best way to design or layout your slides? ›
- A. Create layouts for slides, handouts and notes using the Master Layout dialog box in slide master view.
- B. For each new slide, select a layout from the Slide Layout task pane.
- C. Apply templates from the Slide Design task pane.
- D. None of above.
- Press Windows + E keys from the keyboard to open File Explorer.
- Open the Pictures folder.
- Click on View option in the tool bar, expand Sort by option to find the arrangements options.
- Open the System Preferences > Desktop & Screensaver.
- Select one of the photo templates for the screensaver in the left column.
- Set the source in the right column to "Photo Library"; wait until your photos Library appears, select your album.
- Enable the checkmark "Shuffle Slide order".
To move a photo in that album, tap and hold the photo until it enlarges. Slowly move the photo until it starts to get smaller, then put it wherever you want it in the album. The other photos will rearrange themselves accordingly.Is there a paint for Mac? ›
There is no paint for Mac, though, even if you're running the latest version. Apple removed MacPaint long ago. However, Apple's default app for opening images, PDFs, and other files -- called Preview -- comes close.Does Mac have Photoshop? ›
As of March 2021, Photoshop now runs natively on Apple computers using the Apple Silicon M1 chip with 1.5X the speed of similarly configured previous generation systems.